This is the perfect course for people who want a taste of survival training, without the commitment of a full day or overnight experience.
You'll have fun and learn valuable skills!
This course, will teach you a few fundamental survival skills. Your instructor will explain the principles of survival, using models such as; the rule of threes, to put the practical elements of your course into context.
You’ll be shown how to prepare for a trip into the outdoors, and what equipment you should carry (survival tin, emergency shelter etc.) and what to do if you are stranded in a wilderness environment.
You’ll learn and practice some useful skills on this course and it'll only take up a couple of hours from your day!
Itinerary: Half Day Woodland Bushcraft & Survival Course
This course is suitable for most ages (7yrs+ although children MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult) as there is a low amount of physical hardship, the technical level of the skill-set taught is low, and there will only be a small amount of walking and physical exertion.
Intro: Survival Priorities, Rule of 3’s, survival tin (brief discussion).
We will aim to cover the majority of the skills listed below, during your course.
- Creating shelter using man-made and/or natural resources.
- Lighting fire in an emergency; tinder types (man-made and natural), ignition sources, and basic fire-lays for different purposes.
- How to signal for assistance using modern equipment; whistles, mobile phones, tinsel trees, ground to air signals etc.
- Sourcing water in the outdoors and making it safe for consumption; filtration, purification.
- Food - we may get time for the kids to toast some marshmallows!
The cost of this course is; £30 per individual adult, £40 for one adult and one child,
or £50 for a family ticket (two adults and two children).